A Winner!
As far as weeks go, this one's been a winner!
Kaitlynn received her mission call!
And guess what?
She gets to go EXACTLY where she wanted!
Berlin, Germany!
I think she's the first person I've ever known to go exactly where they wanted.
And look how excited her mama is.
I love it!
She always thought she'd take French in High School but kept thinking about German, so she took two years of that instead.
Kloe said Kait's always loved Germany and talked about it since they were little.
And just look at this...
They will be country neighbors.
A short 10 hour drive apart.
Tuesday I spent the day with my favorite son-in-law learning how to be a better teacher (he is such a great teacher, and I'm not just saying that because he's my favorite son-in-law).
And see that cute girl with the black mask?
That's Karlee, Jenna's sister!
And while we are on the subject of Jenna's sisters...
that cutie in the back seat is Jenna's youngest sister Kelsie.
She is one of the Beck Family Blog's most loyal followers.
She keeps Estabon up-to-date on all the Beck family things since he is not one of the most loyal followers ;)
After class, Brother Donaldson and his favorite mother-in-law had lunch together and then I observed a couple more classes.
I would say one of my biggest challenges with teaching is knowing how to manage a classroom full of 25 teenagers. My practicum went fine, but those kids were pretty easy. I have had a few Mission Prep classes in the 20's, but not many. I've managed classrooms full of 25 plus adults with no problem.
My sister-in-law Tami is a boss at managing a class full of 3rd graders.
Tam--do you think I could apply some of your stuff to teenagers--the principles would be the same, right?
I also prayed about it, asking the Lord to teach me how to manage a classroom of 25 teenagers. He led me right to section 88 in his Doctrine and Covenants. There is good stuff in there. Of course He'd know how to manage a classroom full of teenagers.
Brother Burns was great at managing his class.
I watched a wild bunch of kids come into his class. It was pure chaos, but as soon as the bell rang, he had them all in their seats and ready to learn.
The kids were on time and only one left for a minute to use the bathroom.
They had a great discussion, they had fun and they learned a thing or two about Jesus.
It was impressive.
The weekend is shaping up to be a good one.
Family movie night - Yes Day with Jennifer Garner is on tap
The girls are helping with the food drive
Jett and Ashton's wedding
Sunday worship and family dinner
And in case you are wondering, only 15 more days until our favorite holiday!!
(If you are new here, that would be The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint's semi-annual General Conference :)

