My First Class

First of all.
I could never be a food blogger.
For a couple of reasons.
I probably have a 25% success rate with the tried and true recipes I make from real food bloggers.
25% rate for me.
5% rate for Kev and the kids.
So obviously, me trying to create my own recipes would be a disaster.
And second, I have zero patience for photographing pretty food.


Wednesday I baked. 
I tried three new recipes.
A chocolate cake
Chocolate icing
and sweet potato muffins.
The muffins were ok, not sure that I'd make them again.
But the cake and icing was a win.


You'll never guess what the main ingredients are.
Bananas and oat flour for the cake.
Sweet potatoes and medjool dates for the icing.
And zero refined sugar.
And that's why we ate it for breakfast :)
You can find the recipes HERE.
Faith also has a recipe for rice crispy granola bars that are SO GOOD.  
I omitted the coconut because there are so many coconut haters in this house, but I'm sure I'd love it.  
I melted 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 3 TBSP butterscotch chips and spread it on top.  
Tastes like scotcheroos, without all the sugar.


Mama Jan stopped by Grandpa Keith's house to see all my hard work.
She loved it :)
And I loved seeing her.
I don't think I'd seen her since the Covid struck the Beck house.
When she'd stop by with groceries she'd leave them on the porch and run, hehe.


Wednesday night I had my first class for Seminary and Institute teaching!
I've wanted to take this course for a while and now seems like a good time.
I might have been the oldest in the class, no big deal.


Kevin channeled his inner YouTube mechanic and replaced the brakes on his truck.
So far they seem to work :)



And lets just leave you for the weekend with this little lover.
Tell Logan to "smile" and he knows just what to do.

Popular Posts