It Was SO Great!

When Brother Marsden, Gracie's seminary teacher, found out Gracie's mom was taking the teaching seminary workshops, he invited her to join their class.
Gracie was SO excited to have her mama there!


No really, she was!


Later that day (Tuesday) I was evaluated on a lesson I taught to my peer group.  
Based on the evaluations, 16 of us will be invited to teach a few lessons at Corner Canyon High School next month.
I did the math.
There's a 1 in 3 chance of being chosen.
If all the peer groups had as many great teachers as mine did, it's going to be tough to get a spot!


Since I only knew one girl in my group, I gave a brief introduction with some fun facts about Becky Beck.
Like how she won the prize for the longest running awkward stage.
Started before Kindergarten and was still going strong in the 8th grade.


Another fun fact:  I have the coolest salt & pepper shaker collection.


And my favorite fun fact: I love spending time with Jesus!


It was so great to teach and talk about Jesus for two hours straight!
It was also so great to be able to teach in person for the first time in almost a year!
I've been teaching Sunday school and Mission Prep on Zoom and while I'm grateful for it, in person is so much better!
Did I mention...At the end of last year I retired from Stake Mission Prep Leader.
It was a sad day, but I knew it was time to move on.
I loved teaching that class so much!
They called our former Stake President to take my place and he will be awesome.
I'm hoping to eventually teach Mission Prep at the Institute level, I think that would be so fun!


Birthday shout out to our Jenna!!
We are so grateful she joined our family.
I'm so lucky to have seven amazing daughters!
My four sons are pretty great too :)


Jenna will probably be celebrating with zoom classes since she is busy, busy, busy with nursing school these days!  She also works for a baby doctor so there may be some work thrown in the mix too.  We girls love hearing all the things about the pregnant mamas.
Love you Jenna!
Hope your birthday is the best!

Comments

Popular Posts