McKenzee

See that cute little girl in the black sweater who isn't one of a mine?


Her name is McKenzee .
I used to teach her piano lessons.
I actually taught Jackson, Emmy and Dakota for a while too.
(Don't get any ideas that I can actually play the piano myself.  You don't have to know much to teach beginning piano :)
The picture was taken after a little recital at my parent's house in 2005 or 2006, I think.


And here's McKenzee all grown up with a cute little Mabel Joy of her own!
McKenzee and I met up a couple of weeks ago to talk about donating copies of my book to the labor and delivery unit at IMC.
McKenzee was a CNA there for several years and worked with the mamas who delivered still-born babies, or babies who passed away shortly after birth.  
She shared with me some of her experiences and mentioned she knew better how to help those mamas after reading my book.  
McKenzee has such a big heart!  
I'm sure she brought a lot of love and comfort to the family's she served.  
There were two nurses at Baby Kevin's birth who will always hold a special place in my heart.  One nurse stayed with me while I was alone and almost ready to give birth.  She did a great job of relieving the pain during my contractions.  Another nurse stepped in to take pictures until our photographer arrived.  Those pictures are priceless.


In other news, I'd just like to bear my testimony about the power of the aloe vera plant.
I burned myself pretty bad on the oven and immediately put some aloe on it and it took the burn right out of it.  I only applied it once and it was fine.
It doesn't look fine, but it feels great.
I've had this little guy for a few years now and it never lets me down.


Some of the best 5 bucks I ever spent.

Comments

Popular Posts