We are Lovin' It
Let's start with something happy.
Happy Happy Birthday to Aunt Tami!!
WE MISS YOU!
Hope your day is great and the first and last one you'll have to spend quarantined.
She's been taking good care of Kevin's parents, keeping them safe.
Well, things keep coming what may and we are lovin' it!
Last Tuesday night Becky Beck started in with a dry cough.
Wednesday she woke up with a headache and pretty achy.
Kevin started in with a cough Wednesday.
Gracie woke up sick Wednesday too.
Thursday morning Kevin, Gracie and I got tested.
I wasn't feeling too terrible. I drove separate so I could finish up some things with the remodel.
I got the call that night.
Positive.
Kevin and Gracie got the email.
Negative.
That made NO sense since Kevin had the same symptoms as me, and Gracie got sick the same day as Kevin.
So they waited two days and tested again Saturday...
This time Kevin got a positive and Gracie still negative.
Em and Garren started in with symptoms later in the week and both tested positive.
And yes, this is what we get for hosting all the people at the wedding dinner last week.
We all knew the risks and I think everyone who chose not to join us are feeling pretty happy about that decision.
We are laying low and praying our symptoms don't get any worse.
It was the worst possible time for Netflix to quit showing the West Wing.
This would have been the perfect time to rip through a couple of seasons.
Instead we've watched some Designated Survivor, The Crown and I read Nightingale while Kevin watches The Mandalorian.
The virus is so weird.
Kloe spent the entire day with Kevin on Wednesday and hasn't had one symptom and tested negative.
Janie and Lilly have had zero symptoms.
A few other things to document from last week.
Our fancy 1 year old water heater started leaking and the pipe to the backyard faucet cracked (and no, we didn't leave the hose on, it just cracked, a foot deep into the wall).
Those of you who have used our downstairs toilet will be glad to know that while the plumbers were here we had them replace the toilet too.
He put in the same kind as our tiny upstairs bathroom--it's our favorite toilet.
So now we don't have to fight over this one.
I forgot to mention...
A few weeks ago Gracie got in her first car accident.
By accident I mean she backed into a car while she was pulling out of her friend's driveway.
It was such a bummer.
The car was parked in a really bad spot and the owner said they'd just fixed it from being hit in the same place. Too bad they didn't learn the first time.
Good thing we know a guy and didn't have to go through insurance.
We are hoping for a speedy recovery and ignoring the reports that Covid can last several weeks.
Thanks to everyone for their prayers and thanks to Mama Jan for leaving groceries on the porch.

