Holiness to the Lord

In 2015 Aubrey and Jackson's wedding photographer snapped this gem.


Janie's not a fan.
She says she looks possessed.
I say she looks exactly like our fun-loving, free-spirited Janie Rose.
I won't put just any photo above the mantle.
We tried for another mantle photo at Emmy's wedding, but none of them made the cut.
At Dakota's and Jenna's sealing, Rachel and I were determined to get a replacement.


You know, Rachel, our favorite wedding photographer.
She took some extra time to get everyone placed just right, and she got it!


The picture of the picture doesn't do it justice.
You'll have to come over to see it.
I picked it up from Costco yesterday, and I couldn't help but pull it out of the box to show Joyce, my favorite checker.  She loved it.  Kevin rolled his eyes when I told him I showed her, "Of course you did", he said.
He thinks sometimes I can be an over-sharer.
He might be right.
As much as I love all these faces so much, I also love that right above us it says, 
"Holiness to the Lord".


Kevin and I try every day to dedicate our life and family to the Lord.
We love Him.


The Payson Temple holds many special memories for the Becks.
Just last October Jenna received her endowment there and for all of us, it was our first time in the temple since the pandemic.
On Gracie's 12th birthday she did baptisms for the dead for the first time in the Payson Temple.


So thankful for God's holy temples.
And I'm also so thankful we were able to rent Grandpa Keith's house this week!
I discuss most things going on in my life with my Heavenly Father.
I've told him all about the remodel, and at times asked him for some extra help.  
I was pretty specific in the type of renter I asked him to bring me.
I showed the home three times and two of the three, I was ready to rent to.  Both were great, but not exactly what I asked for.  One had a couple of small dogs.  The others were roommates and from past experience, it can get complicated if one wants to move out before the other.
Both parties seemed like they were ready to sign the lease, and then it didn't work out.
The other one was great too, but too many people for a two bedroom home.
I really liked this family, so I found them a better option down the street.
I may or may not have had a brief conversation with God about returning the favor ;)
I showed the home a fourth time and that was the one.
Literally, this guy matched every request I'd made to my Father in Heaven.
And to think I was willing to settle, just a little.
Grateful He wasn't.

Comments

Popular Posts