Gutting the Kitchen

I have been dreaming about gutting this little kitchen for years.
I didn't get a before picture, but this is what it looked like before we moved in.
We had the windows replaced.
Pulled up the carpet and RC Willey put in linoleum.
We didn't know what we were doing.


The cabinets and counter top were in bad shape, but we could only afford to replace the floor, so we made due.


We made due for about five years and then my dad and I made a plan and we went for it!
By "we" I mean he.
Papa Tom did most of the work.


The kids LOVED having so much time with their grandpa!
He has the patience of Job and would let them "help" whenever they asked.
I loved having so much time with my dad.
Growing up I didn't see him a lot.
He worked two jobs so my mom could stay home.
But since he's been partially retired we get to see him all the time.  
Having him here, sometimes daily, has been the best!


One thing my dad has been very good at is making sure I had the use of my sink and all the appliances.
He planned everything out just right so I still had a functioning kitchen, even in the midst of the chaos.



Stay tuned for the "after" pictures!


Did I mention we graduated to a mini-van?
Four kids and Toyota Camry's don't mix.

Comments

Popular Posts