She's Here!

I went to a Dr appointment at 10am September 20th.
I was dilated to a 5 and 80% effaced so Dr. McNeilis told me to be to the hospital at noon.
There was no way I could drop kids off, pick up my stuff, and make it there in time, so I talked him into 1pm.
I rushed to Kevin's mom's to pick up Emmy and Dakota.
Met Kevin at my parents house and he gave me a blessing.
I was very unsettled about birthing another baby after Dakotas birth and his blessing was just what I needed.
He blessed me to be able to handle any pain involved and that I'd have time for an epidural.  He blessed me and the rest of the family that we'd enjoy this baby to the very fullest.
I left Dakota with my mom and took Emmy home to grab a few things and then dropped her off to Kindergarten.  Emmy was SO excited and couldn't wait to tell her teacher she was getting a new sister that day!
I picked up Kevin from the tow yard and arrived at the hospital at 12:50.
I was greeted by Kay Neeley, my good friend Shauna's mom.
I love Kay and she loves being a baby nurse.
I immediately felt at ease.


By 2pm I was hooked up to the antibiotic for Strep B, had my epidural and Dr McNeilis broke my water.  By 2:35 I was ready to push.
This epidural was so much better than the other two I'd had.
I could still feel my feet and just enough pressure to know when to push.
Three pushes and at 2:50pm Kloe May Beck was born!
She weighed 7.6 and was 19 3/4 inches long.
She had just a little sandy blonde hair.




I definitely recommend having babies on your lunch break :)


The kids were so excited to meet Kloe!
They were all taken with her.





I am so grateful for this sweet baby.
As horrible as my headaches and heart problems have been, they have made me appreciate my family and the privilege of being a mama.



Kloe is 10 days old and we are settling into life as a family of 6.
Post-partum hasn't been too bad.
My mom's come to help every day this past week and I'm getting a good amount of sleep at night.
It's amazing what you can handle with a good night's sleep.
We celebrated Kevin's 30th birthday on the 24th.
His mom spoiled us with a big roast beef birthday dinner and his parents and I surprised him with a pheasant hunting trip to South Dakota, so he's a happy guy.


Comments

Popular Posts