The Deer is Fine

Our Thanksgiving week did not go as planned.
It started with hitting a deer on our way to the cabin.
It was very traumatic, especially for Gracie and I.
It was late and very dark.
I was driving and Gracie was in the front seat.
We both put our hand over our mouths and were completely speechless.
Kevin told me the deer are pretty tough and resilient, so we are choosing to believe it jumped right back up and went on it's way.


The girls checking the truck the next morning.
There was zero damage, which supported our belief that the deer was fine.
Did I mention we weren't driving very fast?
So I'm sure the deer is fine.


We arrive at the cabin and find a water problem.
I wasn't sure if it was dirt or rust.  
We tried clearing the lines with no luck.


So the next morning we packed up all I'd packed the day before and unpacked the night before and went home :( where I unpacked again.
It was a bummer.
But we still had our pre-Thanksgiving Papa Murphy family dinner.


We ate, talked, laughed,
and the kids played games.


So it all worked out.
And don't worry, I'm sure the deer is fine.

Comments

Popular Posts