Alaska and a New Job

We have been planning an Alaska trip to visit my sister Natalie and her family for months!
When Kevin lost his job, we weren't sure we could pull it off.
So gratefully the stars aligned so we could go!


When we flew into Alaska we were surprised how much the mountains around Anchorage reminded us of Salt Lake City.
We saw some wildlife.
Moose
Mountain Goat
Baluga Whales
Seals
Puffins
Lots of fish, of course.


We all went to Seward and took a day cruise.
We loved Seward!  It was beautiful.  More of what we pictured Anchorage to be like.


Baby Makenzie was a sweetheart.
She was just two months old.





Kevin and I drove to see Mt McKinnley and Denali National Park.


We went to the Anchorage Alaska Temple to do a session.
It was the first mini temple we've been to.
We were still surprised at how small it was.


We drove to Portage and Kenai.
Walked on the beach.
Went to a farmers market.
Watched some fisherman.


We spent our nights watching movies or playing games with Natalie and Danial.


We borrowed bikes from Natalie's friends and rode along the coast on a bike trail.
Such a beautiful ride!


The entire trip was perfect!
We flew home early on Saturday morning.
In time to take the kids to Lagoon for Kevin's work party.
They have been so excited!


Emmy loved all the big rides--that she was tall enough to go on.
Jax, not so much.





Wore her right out...


It's back to real life I guess.
The lease on our truck is up next month.  It's been up for sale for a while with no takers.
Gotta get that figured out.
The repos aren't coming in like we'd hoped.  The collections job doesn't come close to covering our expenses.  I just keep telling myself everything will work out.  It always does.
I did get offered an interesting opportunity this week.
My neighbor hired me as Vice-President of Editing for her book publishing company.
It will be a learning curve for me, but I'm up for the challenge.

Popular Posts