49

Today my Kevin turns 49!
I mentioned last week that Kevin is a simple man, and I have come to appreciate that very much.
He's also a strong and steady man.


He's always been a strong and steady provider.
He's a strong and steady father.  


His children can always count on him to be there for them, and they know he'll drop whatever he's doing to help them.  They can always count on him to be straight with them--even when they are tiny, he tells it like it is.



He's a strong and steady Bishop--strong in his desire to serve our ward family and Jesus.
He's a strong and steady husband.
I am so grateful for his perspective, his ability to stay calm 98% of the time, his attentiveness to my needs and I appreciate the strength I draw from him.


This is us last week, waiting to meet with the surgeon who will be removing the melanoma on his neck today.
(Just testing out that word "melanoma", trying to decide if it sounds better than "skin cancer".
Maybe.



While waiting in the exam room we discussed our October quarterly love trip.
There's an episode on the King of Queens where Doug and Carrie start going on dates and to dinner by themselves so they can each go where they want to go.  It's very funny.  And when they are making their separate plans they make a funny gesture with their hands/thumbs.
So I threw out the idea of us taking our love trip separately.



He didn't hate it.
We are thinking about it.



Happy Birthday Kever!
You've done some pretty great living these last 49 years and the best is yet to come.

Popular Posts