Back to Butterfly
The first trip to Butterfly was so fun Kevin decided to take the rest of the family a few days later.

He also felt a little pressure to get his youngest daughter in the mountains when she informed him he had NEVER taken her camping.
How is that even possible?
I guess by the time you get to number seven you burn out.

Miss Lilly LOVED all of it.
fishing
camping
Chicken and Turkey Dogs :) and S'mores by the campfire

She was not happy when it was time to pack up.

I should be honest here, when Kevin said he was taking everyone camping, I considered staying home.
It's not very often (never) that I get to be home all by myself.
It was so tempting.
But, I recently made a promise to myself that I would never pass up an opportunity to make a memory, so I went.
I had a rough start, and my handy homemade middle-of-the-night porta-potty may or may not have malfunctioned, but it was still worth it :)

Kevin set Janie, Gracie and Lilly loose to fish on the other side of the shore.
He's taught them well.



With this many people fishing, Kevin had a talk with the girls about how they needed to bait their own poles and release their own fish.
So they did.

Garren worked for hours to catch a fish on the fly and look at this tiger trout he finally caught!


Nick joined us early in the morning for fishing and saw a meteor shower on his way up.
Wish I would have seen it.
He also caught the second biggest fish!




Garren, in his excitement over catching the tiger trout, fell in the lake.
His favorite father-in-law loaned him the camo crocs.
Garren had never worn crocs before.
Too bad his wife is a hater and won't let him get a pair.

If you've seen one fishing video, you've seen them all...then just check out Garren's crock story starting at minute 18.40. Whenever I feel sad, I watch this part and perk right up. I don't know what we ever did without Garren.
In addition to realizing we'd never taken Lilly camping, we also realized Becky Beck had never fished. WHAT?
At least I can't remember ever holding a pole.
I'm usually good to just watch Kev and the kids.

This day Becky Beck fished with the whuppin' stick.

And I whupped EVERYONE when I caught the biggest fish of the trip!!

I wanted no part of touching him though.

I got my hand close enough so you get an idea of his size.



We were only gone just over 24 hours and it wiped everyone out!

Thanks lover, for making everyone's camping and fishing dreams come true xoxo.
He also felt a little pressure to get his youngest daughter in the mountains when she informed him he had NEVER taken her camping.
How is that even possible?
I guess by the time you get to number seven you burn out.
Miss Lilly LOVED all of it.
fishing
camping
Chicken and Turkey Dogs :) and S'mores by the campfire
She was not happy when it was time to pack up.
I should be honest here, when Kevin said he was taking everyone camping, I considered staying home.
It's not very often (never) that I get to be home all by myself.
It was so tempting.
But, I recently made a promise to myself that I would never pass up an opportunity to make a memory, so I went.
I had a rough start, and my handy homemade middle-of-the-night porta-potty may or may not have malfunctioned, but it was still worth it :)
Kevin set Janie, Gracie and Lilly loose to fish on the other side of the shore.
He's taught them well.
With this many people fishing, Kevin had a talk with the girls about how they needed to bait their own poles and release their own fish.
So they did.
Garren worked for hours to catch a fish on the fly and look at this tiger trout he finally caught!
Nick joined us early in the morning for fishing and saw a meteor shower on his way up.
Wish I would have seen it.
He also caught the second biggest fish!
Garren, in his excitement over catching the tiger trout, fell in the lake.
His favorite father-in-law loaned him the camo crocs.
Garren had never worn crocs before.
Too bad his wife is a hater and won't let him get a pair.
If you've seen one fishing video, you've seen them all...then just check out Garren's crock story starting at minute 18.40. Whenever I feel sad, I watch this part and perk right up. I don't know what we ever did without Garren.
In addition to realizing we'd never taken Lilly camping, we also realized Becky Beck had never fished. WHAT?
At least I can't remember ever holding a pole.
I'm usually good to just watch Kev and the kids.
This day Becky Beck fished with the whuppin' stick.
And I whupped EVERYONE when I caught the biggest fish of the trip!!
I wanted no part of touching him though.
I got my hand close enough so you get an idea of his size.
We were only gone just over 24 hours and it wiped everyone out!
Thanks lover, for making everyone's camping and fishing dreams come true xoxo.

