Aged Out

Last night we took Kloe on a date and "unpacked" her Patriarchal Blessing.
We have done this with all of the older kids a couple of years after they receive their blessings, and have  had some time to become familiar with them.



We unpack the blessing into these four categories...



As we read through her blessing I felt very grateful God entrusted us with such an amazing daughter.  Kloe has so many good things coming.





One morning this week we got into somewhat of a heated discussion during family scripture study. It began with something Kloe said, and then escalated with something Kevin said.
We ended up with one confrontational crier and another sympathetic crier (it's a girl thing).
As I watched the conversation unfold I realized, and said right out loud to Kloe, "You need to understand that you've aged out.  You're an adult now, you're ready to move out and be on your own, and you've outgrown having your parents tell you what to do.  You've aged out."
I think this realization came as relief to all of us.  Nothing's wrong, everything's fine.  She's just aged out.  And that's a good thing.  Our girl is ready to do her own thing, on her own terms.





We haven't talked much about Kloe's anxiety lately, and that would be because there's been nothing to talk about.  One day a few months ago, she got tired of it defining her and decided to be done with it.  It was like she woke up one morning and said, "I'm over it".
She feels it creep in now and again and just shuts it down.
She's known for a long time that it was all in her head, but more recently she's really believed it.







She joked that she was going to put this picture front and center on her graduation announcements.
Those who know Kloe well wouldn't be surprised if she did :)

Popular Posts