Did Not Go As Planned

Last week did not go as planned.
It was supposed to be a relaxing week at the cabin.



Me and these two went up Monday afternoon.
We stopped for shakes at the train place.
They got our order all kinds of wrong, so we ended up with two extra shakes, plus shakes for Jenna and Dakota, who went to the cabin earlier that day.



Janie struggled to juggle them all, and as we backed into the driveway, one of the shakes dumped into her lap.
It wasn't what it looks like.



Dakota made the mistake of running smack about being able to beat me in a plank contest.
What he didn't know is I've been the plank-master five years running.
I smoked him.



The girls practiced their turkey calls, and the turkeys gobbled back.



Gracie, Kloe and Kevin joined us Tuesday night.
And Em and Garren came up Wednesday night.



I had a project I needed to work on while I was there.  I thought it would take a few hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, but it turned out to take SO MUCH LONGER.  Also, I wasn't feeling well most of the week.  I'd had a reaction to the hot tub, but I wasn't worried about it. Then Thursday I woke up and realized my little hot tub rash had turned into a staff infection and I was getting sicker by the minute.  By the time I knew what was happening, everyone but the little girls and I had gone home.
And then my phone started blowing up with things to deal with at home, and a pipe broke out side the cabin, so I had to run into to town for some sandbags.
We were supposed to stay until Friday but I needed meds and I don't like to be away from home when I'm sick, so I had a Dr visit over the phone, and then we packed up and went home.



These two playing the piano and singing together was pretty cute.



The girls still had school work to do, in between their turkey calling, games and movies.
The little ones finished last week and the big ones will finish this week.
I'm still not 100% but I'm getting there.

I believe God is aware of us.  He knows our past, present and future.  I have no doubt he was aware of me and my pregnancy and the months that followed.  'Believe' was a recurring theme throughout my pregnancy.  It first surfaced the day I received the phone call from Fetal Fotos.  While I didn't know what was coming, God did.

Too Perfect for This Life
Chapter 12

Popular Posts