Whenever It Happens

Home church is a priority.
We keep it fairly simple, but we usually go into Sunday with a plan.
As of late Saturday night, there was no plan.
You may or may not know this about me, but I don't function well when there is no plan.



So, I asked God for one more thing in my prayers..."Please help us to have a meaningful home church tomorrow".



Sunday morning, while I was going over my Mission Prep lesson, I realized it could be easily adaptable for home church.  Then I noticed Kevin was putting together some things as well.



He taught the family, and led a discussion about the importance of the sacrament and showed this video...


We took a lunch break and then I taught Sunday School.
We watched this...

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/inspiration/latter-day-saints-channel/watch/series/mormon-messages/one-more-day-to-livewhat-would-you-do?lang=eng

And then everyone answered the question...
What would you do if you only had one more day to live?
The answers varied, most had family and food in the mix.
Lilly, however, wanted to spend time with all of her friends, and then proceeded to list each of them.
She really misses her friends at school.
I knew exactly what I would do.
I'd gather every family member I could.  Pile them in the bus, and drive to Malad.  We'd listen to Kevin's road trip play list on the way.  Then we'd sit in a circle around Baby Kevin's grave and I'd tell each person how much I loved them, what I'd miss about them, maybe impart some of my wisdom, and then encourage them to be faithful disciples of Jesus.  And not to be sad for too long because we'll be together eventually, and Jesus will make everything right.
Then it would be their turn to tell me all the things they love about me :)
We'd finish off the trip at the Dude Ranch, filling up on all our favorite things.
And then hopefully I'd pass peacefully in my sleep.

Then we watched this...

We discussed our purpose and having a personal mission statement.
When we know our purpose and keep focused on that, we'll be ready to meet our maker, whenever it happens.

We also talked about Nephi's mission statement...
"For the fullness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob and be saved".
1 Nephi 6:4
And Jesus Christ's mission statement...
"For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man".
Moses 1:39



It was such a nice home church.
Thanks Heavenly Father, you always have my back.



Our roll maker will be heading home tomorrow.  She taught Gracie her trade, so her rolls can live on.











Today is a BIG day for Gracie.
Stay tuned!

Popular Posts