I Miss the Temple

Yesterday was our day of peace.
We were careful about what we listened to and what types of media we engaged in.
Some of the girls spent lots of time outside playing and chalking drive-ways.
Kloe was extra peaceful since she slept most of the day (she was up most of the night sick--don't worry, it was just a stomach ache.)



At dinner time we piled into the bus and headed to Chick Fil A to pick up dinner.
We don't go to Chick Fil A like we used to BHA (Before Heart Attack :)
So we had a bus full of peaceful happy people.



We drove up to the Draper Temple to eat our dinner.
Had it been yesterday, we'd have had a picnic on the lawn.
Today, we picnic'd in the bus, because it was so cold!
A few of them thought they'd brave it, and then turned around and came right back.



Our newlyweds are in limbo.
Will the temples be open on June 25th?
We don't know.





A whole bunch of cars pulled up in a line, and then they started a parade through the neighborhood.  What parade doesn't need a bus?
So we joined them.
We couldn't figure out who they were parading for.  It had something to do with bears.  A lot of the windows had bears in them.



I miss the temple.
But I am grateful every day I was able to work as an ordinance worker the couple of months before they closed.
I memorized all of the ordinances and I recite them often in my mind.
Usually they are the last words I think about before I fall asleep.
Blessings from and promises to the Lord.
They bring me such peace.



I think of the temple like a breezeway between heaven and earth.



And I miss Rach, my temple buddy.



I took this photo in December.
I went to the temple with my Dad on my mind.
He let me know he was near, in a very special way that day.
It's funny though.
The temple isn't where I feel closest to my Dad, or our son.
I would say the cabin is where I feel closest to my Dad.  And I feel close to our son in our home and at the cemetery.  And actually, all I have to do is think about them to feel close to them.



I think what draws me to the temple most is how close I feel to the Lord.
My spirit definitely misses heaven.
And I love doing His work.







And some day, I'm going to visit this temple...



My Dad was one of the first 200 missionaries to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in Italy.
Italy has a temple today--thanks to Jesus, my Dad, and many many other missionary's efforts.
It didn't open until after he'd passed away.
I'm pretty sure he'd want me to go visit it.

Popular Posts