What a Week

This may have been the most interesting week of my life.
The girls jumped into the home school thing.
They were pretty impressed at how they could finish an entire day's work in just a couple of hours.


We put together the beginnings of a schedule.
Janie and Lilly take turns with lunch duty.
Lilly was pretty proud of this creation...


And then there was that 5.7 earthquake we had Wednesday.
I was in the entryway when it hit.
It started with a really creepy sound, and then everything started rattling.  It took a few seconds for my brain to realize an earthquake was happening.
It woke up the rest of the house, and they all joined me in the entryway.
Kev did a great job of settling everyone down, and then nobody moved for about 10 minutes while we kept having aftershocks.



My mom felt it too, it made a little mess in her storage room.



It certainly made for a memorable anniversary!
My girl Rachael was so thoughtful and gave me and Kevin this anniversary gift.
I love it!



The earthquake was a nice little reminder for us to update our 72 hour backpacks.  And by update I mean actually create our 72 hour backpacks.  All we had was those two red ones to begin with.  Now everyone has one :).



Luckily we had all those vacation snacks just laying around so we had plenty of food for the backpacks :)



So far all the kids are getting along.



And we are enjoying this guy so much!!




Popular Posts