Snow Day Pancakes

Monday we woke up to snow and a message from the school district telling the kids to come two hours late or not come at all.



Take a guess at what my kids picked :)





It was a blowy snow and our covered patio was covered in snow.
Along with all the chicken poop shoes.







I made them some snow day pancakes for breakfast and then told them to entertain themselves for the rest of the day.
So they did.



The chickens DO NOT like the snow.
They were afraid to come out of their coop, so they squawked all morning.
Then they busted open the side door and Ellie swung back and forth for a while, until the wind kicked up and knocked her to the ground.



The snow was up to her neck and she couldn't move. 
Janie rescued her and made a path for the rest of them.



Looks like we'll get hit with another storm today.
About this time of year I fantasize about moving South.
Winter is the price I pay for Utah's Spring, Summer and Fall.

Popular Posts