Such A Bummer



Grandma Becky was supposed to fly to Mesa Saturday to spend a few days with these little lovers.



But instead she spent Saturday at the Provo airport.
There were hours of delays.
I met some new friends.
One mama with her tired one year old was headed to Mesa to be with family, her dad had passed away the day before.
Another lady was trying to get home in time for her husband's work party.  They were hosting 80 people (spoiler alert, her husband hosted it alone).
And then this other adorable grandma was headed home after her sister's funeral.  We found out we were both former Aggie's and she waited for her husband who served in Tasmania.  They were married 11 days after he got home.
I also gave Jose's (our awesome Mesa acupuncturist) number to a few people (always happy to help out my Mesa neighbors and their aliments).
 After six hours of delays they finally decided to cancel the flight.
Such a bummer!!!!



Me and my "such a bummer" face.
So Kevin drove back down to Provo to pick me up.
He took me to Ginger's in Springville for dinner, so the day wasn't a complete bust.



Since I was home yesterday I was able to go hear my girl Lesa speak before she leaves for her mission to Australia next week.
She is so ready, and the people are going to absolutely love her.
She shared this quote by President Nelson and I really connected with it.



I don't know why some prayers are answered immediately and some aren't.
I've been praying a particular prayer for years.
Sometimes I would see a glimpse of an answer, and then I'd be right back to where I started, feeling unsure of what to do.
Over the past few weeks I've been given new insights and ideas on how to find the answers I've been praying for.  It's going to take work on my part, but I see the light and despite feeling alone at times, I've learned so many valuable lessons along the way.



I came across this scripture last week in my gospel study and I've been thinking about it ever since.
Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries and did answer my prayers...
He hears us.  He always hears us.
If we don't lose faith he'll answer.
But His answers come in His own way and time.

Popular Posts