Sollis Dinner

Monday was my turn to go with my Mom to her monthly Sollis dinner with my Dad's side of the family.



We met at Su Casa.
I love this Mexican place.
So did my Dad.
The last time I ate there was with him after a radiation treatment two Summers ago.
The effects of radiation really ruins the taste of food, so he hadn't had an appetite for quite some time.  But that day, the lunch special (his favorite, mine too) tasted so good to him.  He cleaned his plate.



When my Mom asked us kids to take turns going with her to these dinners, I was happy to support her.  I didn't anticipate what a blessing they would be to me.  All my Dad's brothers and sisters remind me of him.  I see him in their facial expressions and mannerisms.  I feel close to him when I'm around them.



Miss you Dad

Popular Posts