My First Day

Yesterday was my first day working in the temple.



One of my favorite people works my shift.
Rachael's been working there for a while, so she's pretty much a professional.
We drove together, and it was so great to catch up.  I met Rachael shortly after she returned from her mission to the Philippines when she came to our home to help the sister missionaries teach a lesson to my friend.  Then, when I was called as Stake Young Women's President back in 2015, Rachael was a huge help with our first girls camp.  Because she'd never attended as a youth, she was so excited about all things camp.
Rach was eventually called as my secretary, and I loved working with her and she taught me so much.



I met the nicest people there.
It was Mary's first day too.
She found the Lord in Canada as a child, and her parents allowed her to be baptized at 15.  She's been faithful ever since.  Had six children, buried two husbands, and worked in the St George Temple several years ago.
Sister Johnson and Sister Stone trained me.  Both were so helpful and I loved hearing about some of their temple experiences.
Sister Linda K Burton gave the group training for all the sisters working my shift.
I love her!  If you don't know who Sister Burton is, she was the former General Relief Society President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Despite what some critics may say, the women in our church are respected and called to positions of leadership from the time they enter the Young Women's program at 11 years of age.  I am the person I am today because of the opportunities I've had to serve and lead in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
As I spent my day training, I got a glimpse of the plan the Lord has for me and why I need to work more closely with Him.
And PS--if you live in the Jordan River Boundaries and hold a temple recommend.  They REALLY need workers for the Friday and Saturday afternoon shift (1:20-6pm), they're short over 100 workers for each shift.  It used to be that to work in the Jordan River Temple you were required to work two shifts a week, but that is no longer the case, you can just work one.  And even better than that, you are no longer required to memorize the initiatory :)

Popular Posts