They Flew the Coop
The coop is finished!

Didn't it turn out great?!
The husband did such a good job, along with a little help from his friends :)

The chickens love their new space and we love not having to babysit them every time we let them out.

Turns out though, a couple of them figured out how to let themselves out.

Chica jumped up on the garden boxes and flew right over the coop.
(We moved the garden boxes and haven't had a problem since)

And then Kelly could squeeze right through the squares!
It's so funny because she would run through a square and then one of the white chickens (who are supposedly the smartest) would try and follow.
If you're wondering, the white ones definitely do not fit through the squares.

Farmer Kevin made some adjustments and Kelly hasn't escaped in 5 days.
So far so good.

It's Fall break!
The ladies and I are in St George on a little girls trip.
We are missing Em and Aubs.
Work and babies kept them home.
I have reached the stage in my mama life where it's rare to have everyone together, so I take who I can when I can.
Looking forward to November 10th when I'll have them all gathered around our dining room table for a pre-Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving feast :)
It will be a "last supper" for our Aubrey who has jaw surgery the following day.
She's a trooper and we are praying she'll be ready for the surgery. Having a newborn and two year old is overwhelming enough. Glad she'll have the surgery here in Utah so we can all rally around to help.
Didn't it turn out great?!
The husband did such a good job, along with a little help from his friends :)
The chickens love their new space and we love not having to babysit them every time we let them out.
Turns out though, a couple of them figured out how to let themselves out.
Chica jumped up on the garden boxes and flew right over the coop.
(We moved the garden boxes and haven't had a problem since)
And then Kelly could squeeze right through the squares!
It's so funny because she would run through a square and then one of the white chickens (who are supposedly the smartest) would try and follow.
If you're wondering, the white ones definitely do not fit through the squares.
Farmer Kevin made some adjustments and Kelly hasn't escaped in 5 days.
So far so good.
It's Fall break!
The ladies and I are in St George on a little girls trip.
We are missing Em and Aubs.
Work and babies kept them home.
I have reached the stage in my mama life where it's rare to have everyone together, so I take who I can when I can.
Looking forward to November 10th when I'll have them all gathered around our dining room table for a pre-Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving feast :)
It will be a "last supper" for our Aubrey who has jaw surgery the following day.
She's a trooper and we are praying she'll be ready for the surgery. Having a newborn and two year old is overwhelming enough. Glad she'll have the surgery here in Utah so we can all rally around to help.

