Fall Break in St George
We were all so excited for our girls trip!
The older I get the more I enjoy road trips.
We listened to Harry Potter, and stopped along the way for Panda and Cafe Rio.
And cookies.
It was the best.
The girls had never been to Tuacahn.
We saw Little Mermaid and they all loved it!
It's such a beautiful outdoor theater and the weather was perfect.
We only ran into one glitch during the trip.
Lilly got something stuck in her eye.
We tried everything to get it out.
She even dunked her face in a bowl of water repeatedly, with no luck.
So a very nice Dr Winder agreed to examine her, even though he was completely booked.
Take a guess what it is?
A tiny piece of metal!
The Doc couldn't believe it. He never sees kids with metal in their eye, only adults. We don't know where it came from.
He deadened her eye and took out the metal with a tiny scoop. Then he used a little drill type tool with a brush on the end to clean the rust ring it left behind.
Lilly was so brave, and so relieved to have it out.
And so happy to be rewarded with a Costco hot dog.
I decided to take a puzzle along on the trip.
I had visions of my girls and I all doing a puzzle together.
I generally don't have the attention span for a puzzle but I told myself to buck up and focus.
It ended up being mostly me who put the puzzle together. I started it Friday night around 6 and stayed up until 12:30 working on it. That was a big deal for me since I'm usually out by 9:30 or 10.
I got a lot of it done, but still had a couple of sections left to do so Gracie and Kloe finished it when they woke up. I snapped a picture and then we took it apart and headed for home.
I enjoyed it so much I started another one yesterday.

