Betty White



This is Lynette, our Relief Society President, shuttling ladies to the temple in Betty.
Did I mention we named the bus Betty White?
It's a pretty fun bus, and if you don't believe me just ask them...



Sometimes Bishop Beck drives the bus and last month I went with him on a temple run.
Listening to the ladies visit was a kick!
So funny!
They are the best.



It's been so great for our older ward members.
One of them shared with us how it was an answer to her prayers.  She was ready to move to an assisted living center when she could no longer drive, and then Betty came along.
God is good.  He knew we had church members who needed help getting to and from church and Kevin listened when He told him, "You need to get a bus."



God isn't just good, he's really good.
We'd been saving for quite a while to replace our 20 year old suburban.  It was on its last leg.  But we know God doesn't ask us to do anything without providing a way to do it.  So we took some of our car savings to buy the bus, and had faith things would work out with our on-it's-last-leg-suburban.
Things did work out.
The day I picked up a cashiers check for the bus, within minutes of walking into the house, our accountant called to tell me we'd overpaid on our taxes (we haven't overpaid on our taxes in the last ten years, in fact, we usually owe more than we budget).  The refund was quite a bit more than what we paid for the bus.
Some might say that was a coincidence.
It wasn't.
God provided a way, and then some.
He's good that way.


I get a little misty every time I see them filing in and out of the bus.
And that bus driver, Bishop Sandberg, is the best!
He drives the bus every Sunday and even makes an extra trip for those who want to stay for choir practice.
Sometimes he'll take them on the scenic route.
The scenic route=going to the park to turn around :)



And it cracks me up how Kevin is already seeing the day when we'll have to upgrade to a bigger one.
He's on the look-out.



I have no doubt, when that time comes, God will provide.

Popular Posts