A Tune-up and a Mustang

It's been nice to have a week of our regular routine.
Music lessons, church meetings, laundry, errands.
One of the highlights was going to Court (Kloe's therapist) for a tune-up.
It has been a long time since she's seen Court.
She works really hard to manage her anxiety on her own, and she'll have weeks, sometimes months of calm. and then it will hit her pretty hard.  Especially when there is lots of change going on, which is currently the case.  But sometimes there seems to be no reason for it at all.
What a difference an hour with Court makes.  Kloe worked through some things, learned some things and felt some things.



Here's what she shared on her Instagram about the appointment...

Some things i learned in therapy today:
Just because you feel it, doesn’t make it true. 
Pray (if that’s yo thing;) that you can be okay with whatever you’re scared of so that it becomes less scary. 
Meditating + yoga apparently eat anxiety alive —-so if you want to come to some classes with me raise your hand.
Not something he said but something I felt: Life is Good even in the midst of the bad. There’s always good.
Having a grateful heart can obliterate so many anxious feelings.
Through all of this anxiety I’ve had some really spiritual and personal experiences with my Heavenly Father that I’ve never had before.
But that’s all for now. I’ll probably spit some more knowledge at ya later but for now this will be all. In the middle of all the scary panic attacks, i still find myself being grateful for my anxiety because each time (even though it REALLY DOES NOT FEEL LIKE IT IN THE MOMENT) i come out with more power and strength over my mind and thoughts and to me ... that makes it a little worth it. :)



Court has some good reading material...



Kloe also shared THIS article with me...So helpful!

To learn more about what Kloe has learned about anxiety go

HERE



In other news...
These four all went to a calligraphy class together and loved it!
Look at the talent!



Dakota seems to be doing okay down at Snow.
He's failing me with the photos though.
This was all I could get from him...



I try and check in on him every day...



He thinks all the girls are after him, which usually works in his favor.



He cracks me up.

We are looking forward to a long lazy weekend.
Estabon worked it out to have no classes on Friday so he came home yesterday!
I'm spending a few hours with my Mom and Megan at Swiss Days today.
Swiss Days has been a tradition for my parents for years.  They would always stay over night at the family cabin (it's only about 10 minutes from Swiss Days) and then head into town to get an early start.
If you've never heard of Swiss Days, it's a HUGE craft fair.  People come from all over to sell their wares and to shop.  They feature Swiss food and Swiss music/performances and it is SO CROWDED--which is not my jam, but I'm all about traditions and spending time with my people :)



Popular Posts