It Isn't Quite the Same When One is Missing

Today's the day!
What a fast two years it has been.
I wonder if Elder Beck has any idea what kinds of blessings he has in store for giving these two years to the Lord.
I think he would tell you that he's experienced blessings throughout his entire mission, 
and he has, but that's not how the Lord works.  
He always pours out an abundance of blessings outweighing any efforts we make to serve him.


To be able to find, teach, and baptize a person into Christ's church is a wonderful thing.
I believe, and I teach my mission prep kids, when we teach a person the Plan of Salvation, whether they accept the invitation to join Christ's church or not, it's also a win.  
It answers so many questions about life now, and life before and after death.  It gives purpose to life and death.  It connects us to God and his son Jesus Christ.  It plants a seed and offers hope for the past, the present, and the future.



As excited as I am to have our son home, I'm just as excited to have all my people back together.
It just isn't quite the same when one is missing.



Beau Bear and his parents arrived yesterday!




This was taken the night Dakota was set apart as a missionary.
As he and my Dad embraced, Papa Tom assured Dakota he would be here when he returned home.
I've thought about that exchange and felt some disappointment for both Dakota and my Dad.
And then it hit me.
Of course he'll be here when Dakota returns home.
Not in the way we had hoped, but he'll be there.
He is just as invested in our family today as he was when he was alive, if not more.

Popular Posts