God Makes Up the Difference

Now that Kevin is Bishop he's gone more on Sundays.
With my calling in the Stake Young Women's Presidency, some Sunday's between Mission Prep, Ward Conferences and Trek meetings, I'm gone all day.
When Kevin was called as Bishop I was asked to stay in my calling for about 9 more months since I was already so involved with planning for Trek.  I was great with that but lately the Sunday thing is taking it's toll.  I've been unsettled about not being here to have our Sunday gospel study with the girls.
A couple of weeks ago both Kloe and I had a Trek meeting so I asked Gracie if she would study the parts of the Come Follow Me lesson that we hadn't studied during the week.



I later found out that not only did she study with the girls but she also helped them be prepared for the following Friday when it was their turn to teach the lesson AND Lilly informed me that Gracie helped her set a goal to sit in her own chair, pay attention, and take a turn reading from the scriptures during our morning scripture study.  (Lilly usually sits on my lap or Kevin's and half sleeps through it.)
It went even better than if I'd been there.



Ever since then she's been meeting her goal.



The entire experience was a reminder to me that when we are doing all we can do, God makes up the difference.  Sometimes it's through someone else, sometimes he gives us a miracle, and other times things just come together the way they need to.






Popular Posts