So Much More to Do Together



Kimmy and I were able to spend a fun weekend together at Time Out For Women.  We heard from great women of faith...among them were Sherri Dew, Elaine Dalton and my favorite Emily Freeman.
I planned to come home and finish packing.  
We gave the girls a cruise for Christmas and were supposed to leave yesterday.  They were all kinds of excited for this water slide on top of the ship...



When I got home Kevin met me at the door and said “I don’t want to worry you, but I’m not feeling quite right.”.  He had been sick for a few days with what he thought was a stomach bug but Saturday he was having a lot of pain in his arms and what felt like trapped gas.  He needed to drop some things to the church so I walked with him and he couldn’t make it without stopping to catch his breath.  I kept asking if I could take him to instacare but he was being difficult until we finally got to the church.  He handed me the keys and told me to go get the car.  I ran home and took him straight to the ER.



They ran tests, admitted him and grounded him from any traveling.
Kevin was tiiiiicked.  He felt so mad/bad we couldn’t take the girls on the cruise.
Kevin’s family came up and his Dad and brother gave him a Priesthood blessing.   Even at Kevin’s age he still feels like everything will be alright when his Dad’s around. 
After they left I was feeling a little unsettled so I opened the scriptures on my phone and decided to read until I felt more peace.  I opened to where I’d left off in 2 Nephi chapter 5.  As soon as I came to verse 27 I found my peace.  This was the scripture my Dad chose for our Sollis family theme last year.  It’s still on my fridge but I didn’t remember the reference.  I went right to sleep after I read it.



The next morning they did an angiogram and found one of his arteries was 99% blocked 😳.
They were able to insert a stint and he’s good as new.
Doc said he had a mild heart attack.
He’s only 47.
The Doc also said they see this a lot in men Kevin’s age.



Hopefully he’ll be released to go home tomorrow.



Kevin didn’t think it was heart related because there was no crushing pain in his chest.  Turns out he had all of these symptoms except the dizziness, throat and jaw pain...


Emmy took care of things at home.  The girls were good sports about the cruise being cancelled.  We will go later on when Dad feels better.  Maybe we’ll wait til Estabon gets home :)



Grandpa Moon’s been in the hospital this past week, but he’s hanging in there.





I thank my Heavenly Father this did not happen while I was out of town or while our family was on a boat in the ocean.  I’m so grateful we caught it when we did, before it caused more damage.  And I’m so grateful my Kevin is okay.  
We have so much more to do together.

Popular Posts