Missionary Monday - Glenmont Week 2

Hellllooooo,

So last Monday we had 2 family home evenings to go to so we did splits, the one I went to they asked me the day before to prepare a "spiritual thought" out of come follow me, the guy pointed to the section for this week about Christ fulfilling the law of Moses, I thought that was weird but I did what I was told. I show up and he confirms with me that I'm ready and then he points to the one for the week they were on about being born again. Come ooooon 😂 So as we are singing I was trying to decide what to do and then I realized I could do both. So we read from Mosiah when Abinadi explains the law of Moses in relationship to Christ, and then how Christ fulfilled the law and now it's required that we be born again. Everyone loved it and it worked out. I was a little disappointed though because after singing, prayer, spiritual thought, we sang again, prayed, and then ate food. It seemed like an excuse to get together to have food but 🐸 ☕

Tuesday was a ton of finding and a meal appointment with the recent convert that fed us steak and gave us their pantry last week. It went the same way this week.

Wednesday was more straight finding and then a member meal. They made Chicharrón and each piece of pork was like 75 percent fat, so that was kinda gross but I cut off the huge chunks so it was fine 😂

Thursday we planned and then taught Asteria, Elder Navarro and I taught her on accident cause the member referral business, but now she's in this area so it works out. We read from the Book of Mormon together and explained a bunch of things. Shes super nice but she won't commit to anything to save her life so that makes things pretty hard. She said she would come to church with the member who referred her so we called the member after to have her invite her. We called the member again Saturday night to see how it went and she said Asteria was going to have her grandkids over but she thinks it's an excuse 😂 😂 I guess we'll see.

Friday was district council and then finding. We ate with a member family but it was only the mom and a son instead of the whole fam so it was kinda awkward. We were finding after and we had to throw something away in a dumpster but the side hole thing was like behind it so I had to go in between the dumpster and the wooden fence to get to it, on my way out I was going up and over in between and when I hopped down my shin got destroyed by the dumpster, Its hard to explain but just know it hurt 😂 😂 Then we exchanged with the zone leaders.

Saturday I was with Elder West all day in my area, we taught a lesson in the morning that was cool, nothing special happened in the lesson though. Then the rest of the day was finding, we knocked a little bit and street contacted a lot. After dinner we left with all of Elder West's stuff to the car and realized we left the keys in the apartment, and the door locks automatically... So yeah we were locked out. We called the leasing office after hours number and some African guy said he couldn't open the door unless our names were on the lease. The apartment goes through the church so.... 💩 Elder west called some lady in his ward who's a lock Smith and she came and got it in like 2 seconds so that was pretty cool 😂 Then we finally went to teach this guy we met earlier in the week, on area book it says he's a member but he denies ever being baptized. We had asked the long time members about him and they all knew him so we were convinced he was a member. In the lesson we tried to pry it out of him, he has read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price multiple times, his favorite verse is in D&C 😂 But still denied it. So we asked him why he was never baptized and he said he wanted to know everything he could first. He said he is open to giving the discussions another go so now that it's preach my gospel "era" the lessons are a little different, maybe it'll be different this time 🤞🏾

Sunday everyone dogged us at church so that was a major bummer. We did some finding after church and got let in twice, neither household seems super solid but we have faith. 🙏 Then we went to "Why I Believe" at the visitors center with a recent convert. It was good except for the first time in like forever they didn't have Spanish translation so the recent convert had no idea what was happening... 🤷🏾‍♂️ but it was good for those who spoke English 😂

Anyways, today we have the usual chores but we are also getting a new car! 🏎 So that'll be cool. Rumor has it it'll be a Chevy Quinox but we'll see. I hope you all had a great week and I look forward to hearing from you!

Elder Beck

Pictures:
Car said it was 81... Wish that was true but it was 40
My wound 🗑️
The locked door
Our locksmith, Sister Bootz
A picture with my son and the Nitas from transfers last week












Popular Posts