It’s so weird

Last week my mom sent us kids a picture of the valentine my Dad made for her last year.



He wasn't able to go to the store for a card so he asked my mom for some red and white colored paper and fancy scissors, and then made his own.



She also sent us these photos.
My Dad could be pretty serious but he was pretty funny too.



When Rick and I were together last week we were talking about how weird it is that he's gone.
We knew for a few years that it would probably be the cancer that would take him but even though we tried to mentally prepare for it, it still feels so strange.



Thank goodness for so many memories.
My parents tried to come to all the important stuff, all the fun stuff, the hard stuff, and everything in between.



It was so weird not having them at Disneyland with us last year.
They almost always came with us.
We sent them pictures and updates throughout the week.
I even recorded our ride on the new Incredicoaster for Dad.  He would have loved it.







Papa Tom loved amusement parks and he and my mom pay for the entire family to go to Lagoon every year.
He was so sick last Summer but he came anyway and even rode a ride...



It's tradition for he and the grandkids to get soaked on Rattlesnake rapids.



Two years ago he gave a really special family night about putting on the whole armor of God and I wondered at the time if it was his last family night lesson.  He gave one more the following year, but that was it.



He sent us home with this reminder to put on the whole armor of God.  
He always did such a good job of teaching and testifying.

It was especially weird not having him here when Kevin had his heart attack.  My Dad was always one of my first responders.
 Given what I'm learning about those who have passed away, maybe he was my very first responder :).

Popular Posts