Headed in the Right Direction

Kevin had a follow up appointment last week.
The doc re-emphasized the serious nature of Kevin's heart attack and his cholesterol numbers.
They were off the charts.



He retested his blood and with his meds and some diet changes the numbers came down significantly.
He's got a ways to go but he's headed in the right direction.



No more processed food for this guy.
I started making some changes to our diet last Fall.
I cut out most of our dairy and we went to only having meat of any kind on Sundays and once a week or so on Pizza.  We added lots more fruits and veggies to our diet but I'd never paid much attention to oil and sodium.
I also didn't know most of the meats we do eat are processed.
I thought a grilled chicken salad at Chick Fil A would be safe until I read what they put in the grilled chicken and the dressing.



I'm getting an education in reading labels and I'm spending my free time looking at whole food plant based recipes, trying to figure out new menus for the family.
It's a lot.
But it's good to be healthy and I'm just praying my way through it.
Little by little we'll figure it out.



The girls have been great to support their Dad and have been good sports with all my recipe fails, except that one night when we were sharing our high's and low's at dinner and they all said dinner was their low for the day.




Popular Posts