Papa Tom's Viewing

Something you may not know about Becky Beck...
She's not a fan of viewings. 
She REALLY doesn't like viewings. 
I send sympathy notes and cards and attend funerals.
But it's rare that I attend a viewing.



I bucked up and attended this one.





My Dad looked good.
Darren took really good care of him and worked his magic. 
If Darren has a picture, he can duplicate it almost exactly.
He's awesome at hair and make up.
When his wife asks him to do her make up he says, "Sure, but you'll have to lay down."



My childhood friend Allison came and brought her father.
She shared how sorry she was and I told her, "This is what we signed up for."
We knew when we agreed to come to earth that we would eventually die.  It's all part of God's plan.
A couple of weeks later Allison's father died unexpectedly.
He signed up for this plan too.



These two were the first to ditch the receiving line.
It was moving so slow.
I was humbled by how many people came to pay their respects.



Mom with her sisters Judy and Jeri.



Our cousin Melissa



The couple on the left are my mom's cousins the Stapley's.
They just returned home from serving in the Mission Presidency in the Mexico MTC--they were there to welcome and support Dakota and Jett while they were there. 
The man on the right is another of my mom's cousins, David L. Beck, yep, that David L. Beck, former General Young Men's President.



I don't know which day this one was taken.
My Mama looks tired but happy.







Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel was a favorite song of my dad's.

The world has need of willing men
Who wear the worker's seal
Come help the good work move along
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
Put your shoulder to the wheel; push along.
Do your duty with a heart full of song.
We all have work, let no one shirk.
Put your shoulder to the wheel.

He lived that song.



Mama Jan held up like a champ.
She's was a trooper and is still trooping.



And lots of thanks to my Aunt Jeri who spent the entire night taking photos.  She's the Moon family photo taker.  Lover her sa much!!

Popular Posts