My 47th Cabin Birthday

We gathered all the kids first thing Christmas Eve morning to tell them about Papa Tom's passing.
Janie seemed to take it the hardest.  She didn't want to see him so sick the day before so she stayed home.  She told me if she would have known he was going to die the next day she would've gone.  I assured her it was okay and that she and Papa Tom had had lots of good times together and he knew how much she loved him.  She decided to write him a letter to send with him in his casket and that seemed to make her feel better.



The highlight of Lilly's Cabin Christmas was losing a tooth!



Despite the sad news everyone was happy Papa Tom could be with his parents and their brother.  We decided to make it a great day, which is just what he would have wanted.



If I had to describe my birthday in one word it would be
L A Z Y
We just sat around and talked, ate, talked, played some games, watched Christmas shows and ate some more.
Aubrey and Jackson made me a yummy birthday breakfast of ebelskivers, bacon and sausage.
Gracie told us all about how Papa Tom told her his Grandma Child had a sleepover with the grandkids every Friday night and she would make them ebelskivers for breakfast on Saturday.  And then as they left to go home she'd tuck a $1 bill into each of their pockets and thank them for "Grandma Sitting".  I love it!





Beau opened his birthday presents too!



Have I mentioned I've taken over the BINGO tradition Grandma Emmy started years ago?



I usually bring penny candy type prizes but this time I went all out.  I had a prize table with all sorts of treasures, which I forgot to take a photo of, but seriously, I went all out.





We watched our traditional Christmas Eve showing of Mr Kruger's Christmas and then talked together about our Savior and what our Sabbath Day will be like for the new year.



Beau and I shared the delicious Costco chocolate layered birthday cake, which was a good choice since there was plenty left over for me to eat my feelings throughout the rest of the week.



Popular Posts