I Finished
Last week I finished The Book of Mormon.
I read this book most every day. I have for as long as I can remember. But this is the first time I've read it so quickly. I saw how the prophesies given in ancient times about the gathering of Israel are directly connected to our day. We are in the midst of the gathering and I get to be a part of it.
I was reminded that as we keep the Lord's commandments we WILL prosper in the land. I was reminded that Christ is in the details of our lives and his entire purpose is to help us find peace and joy in this life and help us return to our Father in Heaven.

I remember being pretty upset the morning Kev and I were staying at a hotel downtown last month. My Dad had a really rough morning and he was going downhill quickly. I thought that might be his last day with us. I walked my guts out as I read between my tears.
The words brought me comfort.
So grateful for this book.

I highlighted in yellow all the verses that referred to Christ. Many times Christ himself was speaking, teaching, blessing.

My Dad studied his scriptures every day.
Even when he was so sick, he spent time in his scriptures.
The last couple of months he was no longer able to read so in the early hours of the morning, often times when he couldn't sleep, I'd read to him from The Book of Mormon. It would calm his mind and he'd be able to sleep.

I started The Book of Mormon again today.
I've decided to read it by the end of March to better prepare for the next General Conference in the Spring.
I read this book most every day. I have for as long as I can remember. But this is the first time I've read it so quickly. I saw how the prophesies given in ancient times about the gathering of Israel are directly connected to our day. We are in the midst of the gathering and I get to be a part of it.
I was reminded that as we keep the Lord's commandments we WILL prosper in the land. I was reminded that Christ is in the details of our lives and his entire purpose is to help us find peace and joy in this life and help us return to our Father in Heaven.
I remember being pretty upset the morning Kev and I were staying at a hotel downtown last month. My Dad had a really rough morning and he was going downhill quickly. I thought that might be his last day with us. I walked my guts out as I read between my tears.
The words brought me comfort.
So grateful for this book.
I highlighted in yellow all the verses that referred to Christ. Many times Christ himself was speaking, teaching, blessing.
My Dad studied his scriptures every day.
Even when he was so sick, he spent time in his scriptures.
The last couple of months he was no longer able to read so in the early hours of the morning, often times when he couldn't sleep, I'd read to him from The Book of Mormon. It would calm his mind and he'd be able to sleep.
I started The Book of Mormon again today.
I've decided to read it by the end of March to better prepare for the next General Conference in the Spring.

