Forgiveness


Lilly can be a little intense and fiesty at times.
Sometimes it's hard for Janie to be her big sister.



A couple of months ago Lilly had a lesson in church about forgiveness and then she gave us a family night lesson on forgiveness too.
Before Christmas she came to me and said, "I asked Janie to forgive me for being so mean.  She said she would if I bought her a big Beanie Boo".
I explained that that isn't how forgiveness works and then she told me that she wanted to buy Janie a big Beanie Boo because she loves her.
She looked on line for Beanie Boos and realized she had enough money to buy one.
The Army Navy store has a great selection so I took her there and she found the perfect one for Janie and then paid for it with her own money.
I asked her again why she was getting it and she replied, "Because I love Janie". 
Good answer.


She came right home and wrapped it all by herself.


And then I watched her work at being a better friend to Janie.
I couldn't believe how that lesson impacted her.


Janie even shared her winnings from the hunting trip with Lilly so they could both get a bunch of those junk prizes out of the little quarter vending machines.




I read a book last year that taught, "Wake up every day with a forgiving heart".  Pretty good advice for everyone.

Popular Posts