BIshop Beck

On Sunday December 9th I received a text from our Stake President asking if Kevin and I could meet with him later that night.  
I was pretty sure why.
The girls and I were on our way home from St George when I got the text.  I told Kevin about the appointment and he thought it had to do with a calling for us to be Trek leaders because "Why would the Stake President text Becky to set up an appointment for a calling for me?"
I'm an automatic Trek leader with my calling so I didn't think it could be that.
As soon as we walked into the Stake offices and I saw the Stake President standing there with his two counselors I knew I was right.


Kevin was extended the call and then spent the next 3 weeks having nightmares, a constant shortness of breath, and an upset stomach.  Poor guy.  I was just glad it was him and not me.
We went to the temple for direction.
Suit shopping for some new duds.


Shaved the beard.
Which he was already planning to do before Christmas anyway :(
Shaved the grosstache...


Our Stake President told us we could tell our parents and the morning before he was sustained in church we could tell the girls.
I felt bad I was never able to tell my Dad.  There was never a good time. 
Surely someone has filled him in by now :).



The morning was a little hectic and Kevin had to leave early for meetings so we didn't end up telling the girls so they found out about the new Bishop Beck with the rest of the ward.
Jackson and Aubrey video'd Gracie and Kloe's reactions.
It was pretty funny.



Along with a tie Kevin inherited a pair of suspenders from Papa Tom.  He made sure to wear them to his first welfare meeting for some extra support :)
Fun Fact:  Kevin's dad was Bishop Beck and his grandfather was Bishop Beck too.

Popular Posts