Missionary Monday - Week 13

Hellooo. 

So last Monday (Christmas eve) we were invited to some doctors house in DC for a Christmas Eve catered dinner, and that was awesome. The food was super good, the house was huge, and we got a bunch of ties and candy. I'll put some of the pictures from that in here. 

Tuesday was Christmas, we opened our gifts, had lunch at the members house, Skype'd our families, and then went to visit a few less active families. It was a good Christmas. 

Wednesday we had Milagros Baptismal interview (she passed). We pretty much had tracting the rest of the day, we got let in THREE times, it was awesome. As far as specifics though, I don't remember much, none of the people turned out to be very solid. 

Thursday we street contacted in the morning and every single person gave us the "thanks but no thanks don't talk to me" so that was lame. That night we were tracting and a guy opens the door, we say we are from the Church of Jesus Christ of... and he says "no you're not, your Mormons." we explain the nickname and everything and he says "no that's a lie, you guys don't believe in Jesus Christ, and you don't believe in the bible, I know all about you mormons" Jokes on him though, I was carrying my pocket new testament in my jacket so I pulled it out and pointed at my tag and told him despite the things he's read we believe in both of those things (in a respectful way). Then he says "If that's true then show me where it says Joseph Smith in the bible!" This guy. 😂 So yeah that conversation went nowhere fast, but it was entertaining. 

Friday we visited Milagro to finalize things for the baptism. As of Friday she was in Mosiah 🎉 Then in the afternoon we had district council and did the same things we always do. But it was still fun. After we had a whole bunch of finding, without a whole lot of promising success. 

Saturday we tracted in the morning and talked to a lot of interesting people, then had lunch and stuff. That night we had the baptism for milagro, President and Sister Johnson came and everything went perfectly, tons of members came and brought tons of food and gifts. We filled the font a little too much though and when Elder Navarro put her under the water shot out both sides into the drains in the bathrooms 😂 

Sunday we had her confirmation, she asked me to confirm her and I was super nervous, but it went fine. We had our last 3 hour church ever, for 3rd hour they just talked about implementing come follow me, we'll see how that goes. Then we tracted a bunch, got let in by a lady who seemed super interested until we tried to commit her to do anything then it was "Oh well I'm catholic" "Oh I would but I work Sundays" "I don't have a set schedule so I don't know when I'd be available" Or in other words, she wasn't actually interested. So that was a bummer. 

Today we have a whole lot of nothing like usual, we might go get haircuts, might try to do it ourselves, we will see. 🤞🏾 I hope you all had a great week and I look forward to hearing from you! 

Pictures:
Christmas eve house party
Mission picture 
Last baptism of the year featured in the mission weekly update
Christmas pictures
Five Guys before the baptism
Jacqueline and Milagro

Elder Beck














Popular Posts