Happy Birthday/Homecoming Day

My sweet Dad passed away peacefully at about 1am this morning, on my 47th Birthday.


I'm so grateful to be able to celebrate my birthday with his homecoming day in heaven.
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see it.  
He has so many people in heaven who love him.
The reunion with his parents must have been incredible. He hasn't seen his dad since he was nine years old.
Dad's the first close family member to meet our son.





Heaven has been near the past few days.
A few days ago my Uncle Larry, dad's brother, blessed him that he'd be able to enjoy the holidays and I bet he's doing just that.
In the last four years dad has been sick, he's only had one day where he felt his normal healthy self.
Hopefully today is the second day with an eternity of them going forward.


So thankful God sent me to this wonderful father and friend. It's been a privilege to help care for him during his last months on earth.



I thought of my Dad when I saw this the other day...



Dad endured his adversity with faith and patience and set a beautiful example for all of us to follow.
A couple of days ago my mom was in dad's office looking for something and came across this...



He wrote it a year ago and mom didn't know who he wrote it to.
Then she decided he wrote it for us.
I would agree.


I'm spending my birthday at the cabin with most of my favorites.
This is my first Birthday/Christmas at the cabin and so far it's a great one.


And this beautiful grand baby is pure joy.


We've got some busy days ahead.
I'll be back next week.
Merry Christmas!

Update - December 12, 2024: It has been almost 5 years since I lost my dad.
It's been both a difficult road, and a sanctifying one.
I've written a little book about how I found joy in my grief.

Click below to read a sample:





Popular Posts