Gratitude Has Been the Most Abundant

This week has been packed with a roller coaster full of all the feels.
Love
Frustration
Joy
A little anger
Tired
Happy
Exhausted (physically and mentally)
Grateful
Of all the feels, gratitude has been the most abundant.



Me and Mama Jan took a little trip to the Instacare Tuesday night.
Mom was pretty sure she had shingles and the Doc confirmed it.
"Of course I have shingles", she tells me as she laughs.



This Mama of mine has been such an example to me of patience and Christlike service as I've watched her care for my Dad.  She told me one day last week that sometimes she'll start to feel angry but she doesn't want to feel that way so she wakes up every day choosing to feel love and to be happy.  I don't know if my Dad notices how kind and happy she is day in and day out but some day he'll know and he'll be so grateful.  He does tell her she's his angel on earth and that is the truth.



Lilly eating her breakfast with her feet on the heater.
She has been very concerned this week about a girl at her school who gets bullied.  She's made sure to stand up to every person she sees who bullies her.  She told us that everybody is important and everybody is weird too so we should be kind to everyone.



Lilly's parents are definitely among the weirdest.
Kevin took me on my birthday date/overnighter and he let me do whatever I wanted.
So we got acupuncture treatments together.
So romantic.
Kev was a little taken back by all the people sleeping in recliners around us.
He said it freaked him out because they all looked like they were dead.
It was community acupuncture.  He's only had individual acupuncture in a private office.
Not sure if he'll go back but it's a nice story.



Yesterday was a hard and special day.
All of my Dad's brothers and sisters gathered with him and his brothers gave him a blessing.  Rick, Rob and Kim were there too.



All of Dad's kids were able to be a part of it thanks to modern technology.



As crappy as cancer is, it is uniting our family and our faith in ways it never has before.
I love these people so much and I'm grateful for all the love the Lord is showing us through this trial.

Popular Posts