This Clock
My time with this guy was the best!
I went in to visit with him when I arrived Thursday and I can hear a familiar ticking behind me, and then I hear the chimes and I knew exactly what it was.
My Aunt Judy brought Grandpa this clock from his home. I have always loved the sounds of this clock. It takes me right back to my childhood visits to the farm. I LOVED our visits to Grandma and Grandpa Moon's. The clock, country music, The Lawrence Welk Show, old fashioned licorice, orange slices and mixed nuts, the smell of cattle...all remind me of time spent on the farm.
I also got to spend time with sis. Her mom, my cousin Emily, was in Hawaii so she got to spend the week with her grandma and grandpa. She's a wiz at Connect 4.
Aunt Jill and I bonded over some shopping and Olive Garden breadsticks.
My favorite time with Grandpa was reading stories to him about his ancestors on Family Search.
I loved reading about his parents, Verlorum and Rachel Moon. I learned so many things about them. My Great Grandma Rachel and I have a few things in common...our love for homemaking, our faith in Christ, and laundry Monday. I'll be looking her up in heaven for sure.
It was so fun to hear Grandpa tell me what he remembered about the various stories.
He was the only boy with six sisters and they all thought he was the greatest. His sisters adored him, even as adults.
His sister Tessie is missing from this photo. She passed away when she was about 12.
She's buried just a few feet from Baby Kevin.

