Privilege
Hard to believe this little one is now so big!

I secretly hope every one of my kids gives me a grandbaby that looks just like them when they were little. I guess it's not a secret any more.
I secretly hope every one of my kids gives me a grandbaby that looks just like them when they were little. I guess it's not a secret any more.
Yesterday we spent some time together going over what Gracie needs to do to finish her Young Women Personal Progress. There will be a new program starting in 2020 so she really wants to complete it before the change.
We went through her book and she may finish as early as January or February of next year. We chatted about the blessings of the learning that comes from completing this program.
I love the personal Personal Progress program. It is inspired of God to help bring our girls closer to Christ and to prepare them to enter the temple. I have no doubt the new program will be just as inspired.
I am grateful for the privilege of raising all these girls.
Each has their own uniqueness and beauty and I adore every one of them.
I've been thinking a lot the last couple of months about the temple and the power the Lord endows us with when we choose to make and keep covenants with him.
Some women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints feel as though they are missing something because they don't hold the priesthood like the men do. I have never felt that way.
The thing is, if they've been to the temple and are keeping their covenants they have been endowed with the same priesthood power the men are endowed with and they take that power where ever they go. Sure, we don't exercise the power in the same way, but priesthood power is priesthood power. As I call upon the powers of heaven to bless my family through prayer, it's no less powerful than when Kevin puts his hands upon the heads of one of our children to bless them. I hope I can help my girls to understand this. I hope each one of them will live up to their potential and their privilege as daughters of a Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother.
And to all my single (women) friends who are keeping their temple covenants. You absolutely have a priesthood holder in your home--you hold it and you can exercise it when ever you need it.
Fun fact about Gracie: She cracks herself up. She finds these funny jokes and meme's online and can't hardly get through the joke she starts laughing so hard.

