If Only

You ever have one of those days where everything goes right?
My yesterday was like that.
It started with a 10am visit with Jennifer, my gynecologist.  Except somehow I mixed up my appointment time--which is a mystery because I booked it online and wrote it down right as I booked it (Kevin, stop shaking your head).  Supposedly it was last Monday at 9:40am, so I had to reschedule and her first available appointment was in February.  Awesome!  So that freed up some time for me to go to the temple, which was how I preferred to spend my morning.

As I'm walking to the temple I get this text from Emmer...


I knew the minute she asked me the favorite daughter question that she'd landed tickets to the Andrea Bocelli concert.  I've been bugging her about going for weeks.  This morning I was thinking it wasn't going to happen, but I went ahead and asked God for a little favor anyway.
He and Emmy totally delivered!!


I guess the day didn't go completely perfect.  Emmy forgot the tickets and didn't realize it until we were almost to the Arena, but we still made it back just in time.


Incredible.
The orchestra, the choir, the solo violinist, Andrea and the couple of women he sang with (I'm terrible with remembering names).  One of the women sounded like the next Celine Dion.
Incredible.




I gotta be honest, I don't know if it will be possible for any of my other daughters to dethrone Emmy from favorite daughter status.


It isn't very often that I connect with a song the first time I hear it but when Andrea sang If Only, I connected.  Even when he was singing in Italian, I connected.  And then he sang it in English and I loved it even more.  Take a listen...


Popular Posts