God Gave Us Families

My Dad's out of town kids have taken turns coming out to help him.
Tricia got him a white board for the family to share their favorite scriptures and thoughts.
He draws a lot of strength from his Savior.



Monday I took a quote one of my favorite bloggers posted (http://www.nieniedialogues.com) and sent it to my mom and dad.  Elder Neil A. Maxwell who passed away years ago from Cancer said this...
 "One’s life, therefore, cannot be both faith-filled and stress-free.
 Can you and I really expect to glide naively through life, as if to say,
 “Lord, give me experience, but not grief, not sorrow, not pain,
 not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken.
 Keep from me, Lord, all those experiences which made
 Thee what Thou art! Then let me come and dwell 
with Thee and fully share Thy joy!”


I was able to stay with him last night so my mom could sleep.
My Dad mentioned the book I'll Love You Forever and how he can relate to it a little more personally now that his kids have been helping take care of him.


It's a privilege.
We sometimes talk about what the purpose is of all my parents are going through and maybe one of them is for me to learn how to better serve them.


It's one of my favorite weeks of the year.  I am SO thankful for these two and all the members of our family.  Just like the song says...God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be.
Happy Thanksgiving.  I'll be back Monday.

Popular Posts