A Big Day
Yesterday was a big day for my dad.
He decided to go ahead with the feeding tube.
He's been so sick he hasn't left the house since our Halloween party last month so I was concerned about how he would handle such a big day.
He looks really good in this picture, you'd never guess he was so sick. And isn't Mama Jan the cutest!
Many many prayers were offered on his behalf and dad was so blessed throughout the entire day.
Kev and I literally witnessed a miracle yesterday.
Prayers work.
Prayers work.
He was at the hospital for almost six hours. and they put in his G tube with no complications.
Best thing about hospitals are new babies and those warm blankets.
His nurse came out today and showed my mom and I how to feed him.
This is going to take a big stress off of him, being able to get the food he needs without all the discomfort he's been having with his jaw and throat.
The feeding tube also gives us the bonus of giving him all the healthy super foods he needs, even if they don't taste great :). I knew nothing about feeding tubes and assumed you had to purchase specific formula for feedings but turns out you can make your own formula which will be great!

