The Top Item

This week has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me.
My Dad has had some really hard days and nights.
He's had a lot of pain and he's struggled to eat.
His jaw is so out of alignment from the tumor that he can't chew.  The sores that formed in his mouth and throat from the radiation make it uncomfortable to have food in his mouth at all.  Mom makes him nutrition packed shakes and soups and if he drinks them through a straw it's manageable.
We had a conversation with one of his nurses about a feeding tube but he's really trying to eat more so he won't need one.  So my mind has been on him and my mom as she takes care of him.  I've had a constant prayer going asking for the powers of heaven to help them.


As I look back on our week there's been so much good going on as well...
My two little girls SO excited about crazy hair day and spirit week at school.


Gathering items for Dakota's birthday package and Lilly wanting to put a little something in there from her too...


Driving up to the Walmart for the second time this week and seeing THIS...


Hallelujah!
I've been driving to a Walmart outside of our area for grocery pick up and now it will be just down the street!


I snapped this picture because I was loving the conversation I was having with Lilly.
Sadly I have a brain cramp and neither one of us can remember what we were talking about.


Kevin and I were able to spend time in the temple sealing some of my great uncle Tom's family together.  Just being in the temple renewed my spirit and brought me an added measure of peace.


Papa Tom with my niece Kaitlynn who sluffed school to come spend some time with her grandpa.
Despite my Dad's hard days there are lots of sweet moments that come with it.  
He loves his nurse.  She mentioned she was needing more hours at work so before she left Monday he called her over and he said a prayer with her, praying that she'd be able to have more work.  I think it meant a lot to her.


When she was there yesterday he talked to her about Christ.  He talked about his relationship with his Heavenly Father and shared his Dad's story (his father, my grandpa Sollie died from a brain tumor when my Dad was 9).  Still ministering to others even when he's the one who needs to be ministered to.  He still always asks me what he can do for me and my family.


Despite having advanced prostate cancer he's fighting to live, he's never been one to give up on anyone or anything.


Last night I was able to go with our youth to tour the MTC.
The new MTC building is beautiful.  I could have spent hours looking at all the artwork.
The top item on my bucket list is to serve a mission with Kevin.
I can't wait to come to this building to be trained as a full time missionary for my Lord and his church.

Popular Posts