The Table


Beau Bear is loving all that is Halloween!
He thought carving pumpkins at Uncle Bobby's cabin was pretty great.


Fun Fact:  This table was the one I grew up eating on.
When Bobby heard my parents were getting rid of it he rented a trailer to pick it up and haul it to his cabin in Heber Arizona.
The table has seen tons of family dinners, birthday dinners, holiday meals, and been a part of countless conversations.  I sat at this table for hours the night before my wedding, with two of my good friends, working on my wedding flowers.
Glad Bobby kept it in the family.



Grandma Dee Dee and Grandma Emmy made it to most of our Birthday dinners and some of the holidays.  My dad is one of six siblings so the grandmas always had lots of invitations.
That will be one perk of getting old...hopefully my kids will invite me and their dad over for all the special meals and I'll just bring the M&M's like Grandma Emmy always did.





"Special" meant mom put out the table cloth AND the china.  We'd usually have something fancy to drink, lots of good food, and always a yummy dessert.







Anytime my Grandma and Grandpa Moon came to visit was a BIG deal.
We loved having them.
Grandpa Moon almost never left the farm over night.
This was Kevin's first Becky's birthday dinner and other than the two birthday dinners he missed while on his mission he's been celebrating my birth ever since.  I'm pretty sure he told me once that the day I was born is his favorite day of the year :)
I ALWAYS had cheesecake for my birthday cake.  Not the baked kind but the one with sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and cream cheese.  I still love it.


Aren't Mama Beau Bear's pumpkins the cutest!


Popular Posts