A New Light
We have come a long way with this girl and her reading!
She's not been near as eager to read as the rest of our kids were but I think she's starting to like it. Yesterday during family night she happily volunteered (or rather happily demanded) to read out of the scriptures, which was a first for Lilly.
As you can see, they are so excited about my lesson.
We talked about our Prophet President Nelson and how in the last two General Conferences he's emphasized preparing for the second coming of Jesus Christ.
We read in 3 Nephi chapter 11 when Christ visited the people in the Americas and how the people didn't understand him until they focused their ears to listen and were steadfast in looking to heaven. It's all about putting ourselves in a place mentally to receive the promptings and comfort of the Holy Ghost. That's exactly what our prophet is encouraging us to do by participating in his challenge to:
1-Take a 10 day fast from social media
2-Read the Book of Mormon between now and the end of the year and highlight all the verses that have something to do with the Savior (So far almost all of my verses are highlighted--Christ is in the details of almost all of that book)
3-Establish a pattern of regular temple attendance
4-Participate fully in Relief Society
I've never read the Book of Mormon this quickly and I am loving it. I'm seeing it in a new light.
The girls had their Primary Program today in Sacrament Meeting.
Janie gave a talk she wrote all by herself about the fall of Adam and Eve.
Janie gave a talk she wrote all by herself about the fall of Adam and Eve.
She did such a good job.
Lilly proudly told the audience,
"I am Lilly Beck and I am a gymnast, but most importantly I am a child of God"
Lilly proudly told the audience,
"I am Lilly Beck and I am a gymnast, but most importantly I am a child of God"
They sang my new favorite Primary song.
I tear up every time I hear it.

