Thomas Marshall Charles Martin
This is my Great Uncle Thomas Marshall Charles Martin.
He is married to my Grandma Dee Dee--who's actually my great aunt but was always like a grandma to me. I noticed on Family Search that there was no information about him other than his picture. I found out my Aunt Kay had a scrapbook about him, so last year I went to her house to gather some stories about him and she showed me another scrapbook of his mother's family. Aunt Kay mentioned his mother's side of the family didn't have any temple work done, so I took that scrapbook home too.
These are his grandparents...
Milo Hubbard Bedell
Emma Caroline Ammon Bedell
I wrote some details about Great Uncle Tom on FamilySearch.com and then added some relatives to his family tree and printed temple cards so we could do their temple work.
These are all of Emma and Milo's daughters who my girls have been baptized for and I've been proxy for them to receive their initiatory and endowment...
Ora Emma Bedell
Leah Mabel Bedell
Ella Laura Bedell
Minnie Maud Bedell
Mary Elizabeth Bedell
(Great Uncle Tom’s Mother)
We also sealed them all together as a family, which was very cool.
It is a privilege to find and take my Great Uncle Tom's family names to the temple.
Although I never knew him, I have him to thank for helping me to gain a testimony of eternal families and temple work. Uncle Tom died a few years before I was born.
When I was just a few days old Grandma Dee Dee came to meet me. At the time she had been praying to know if Uncle Tom had accepted the temple work she'd recently had done for him. As she held me for the first time the Spirit bore witness to her that he had accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ and his temple work and she felt as if I had been with him before I was born. Later on when I was about 18 months old Grandma Dee Dee showed me a picture for the first time of Uncle Tom. I was just learning to talk and when I looked at it I said, "That's Tom". So even though I don't remember my Uncle Tom, that story has stuck with me and strengthened my belief in life before and after this life. We are all connected and I love the work of uniting families and bringing souls to Christ.
I recently watched this talk by our Prophet's wife, Wendy Watson Nelson. She talks about the blessings of temple work and angels. You should watch it. She's fantastic.
https://www.byutv.org/player/60960c78-e80f-4459-a4d9-cf26ad573401/byu-womens-conference-wendy-watson-nelson-2015
When I was just a few days old Grandma Dee Dee came to meet me. At the time she had been praying to know if Uncle Tom had accepted the temple work she'd recently had done for him. As she held me for the first time the Spirit bore witness to her that he had accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ and his temple work and she felt as if I had been with him before I was born. Later on when I was about 18 months old Grandma Dee Dee showed me a picture for the first time of Uncle Tom. I was just learning to talk and when I looked at it I said, "That's Tom". So even though I don't remember my Uncle Tom, that story has stuck with me and strengthened my belief in life before and after this life. We are all connected and I love the work of uniting families and bringing souls to Christ.
I recently watched this talk by our Prophet's wife, Wendy Watson Nelson. She talks about the blessings of temple work and angels. You should watch it. She's fantastic.
https://www.byutv.org/player/60960c78-e80f-4459-a4d9-cf26ad573401/byu-womens-conference-wendy-watson-nelson-2015




