Plants and Roots

Having my sisters in town was the best!
We got lots done at my parent's house.


We removed wallpaper, the exterior of the fireplace and mouldings in the living room and hall.
We sanded, we patched, painted, and installed new mouldings.
I'm working on finishing up caulking and painting the mouldings.  A new fireplace, carpet and furniture will give them a completely new space.  It's going to be beautiful.





My Dad would have loved to get in there and help us with all of it.
He did help a little here and there but he had radiation treatments every day for a tumor in the bone below his left temple and his energy levels are really low.


Seeing him at work made me so happy but seeing how it wiped him out was really upsetting.
I'm trying hard not to get angry at his cancer, but I am.
It's having his way with him.  They radiate one tumor only for another one to surface.
I'm so mad.  I know that we each have our time to die but it seems far too many people are dying too early of this damn cancer.


We read this in our family scripture study last week and I can't stop thinking about it...



I want to live in that land with those plants and roots that God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate.


Popular Posts