Back to School 2018
Yesterday it was back to our early morning school routines.
Kev and I were up and at em at 4:30am.
This was a habit we started a year ago and it's been great--although not great enough to keep to during the Summer.
We hit the books with the girls at 6:15am

They hate the early morning photos so I took it after we finished.
We studied Alma 36. Alma the Younger is teaching his son Helaman and tells him of his conversion story. We talked about the power of Alma's thoughts. He went from being totally immobilized and basically in a coma as he remembered all his sins, to repenting, bearing testimony of the Savior, and being a full-time-life-time missionary because he remembered his father's teachings of the Atonement and the power Christ has to forgive. I have been trying to teach the kids that their thoughts determine their feelings and this morning Alma backed me up on that. Sometimes our thoughts are so powerful they make us physically sick, just like they did to Alma the Younger, and Zeezrom--but that's another story.
Kev and I were up and at em at 4:30am.
This was a habit we started a year ago and it's been great--although not great enough to keep to during the Summer.
We hit the books with the girls at 6:15am
They hate the early morning photos so I took it after we finished.
We studied Alma 36. Alma the Younger is teaching his son Helaman and tells him of his conversion story. We talked about the power of Alma's thoughts. He went from being totally immobilized and basically in a coma as he remembered all his sins, to repenting, bearing testimony of the Savior, and being a full-time-life-time missionary because he remembered his father's teachings of the Atonement and the power Christ has to forgive. I have been trying to teach the kids that their thoughts determine their feelings and this morning Alma backed me up on that. Sometimes our thoughts are so powerful they make us physically sick, just like they did to Alma the Younger, and Zeezrom--but that's another story.
Janie went to work making eggs and toast for she and Lilly.
Mom went to work making lunches...
Kloe had late start so she went back to bed...
I told her how cute her new photo wall was.
And then I found out she used scotch tape instead of painters tape so I told her she had to re-tape them all with painters tape.
Mom took the back to school photos.
Gracie is in 8th grade and is sporting what she calls her "Emma Smith" hair-do...
Carpool with our favorite neighbors...
She says she's not excited for school but I don't believe her.
Let's take a little closer look at that sign...
Looks like it's time.
Lilly made sure her shoes matched her pants.
Kloe's a Junior this year.
Thanks Mama Linda for all the fun school shoes!
We walked the little girls to school.
Kissed them goodbye and then gave each other one of these...

